Duration:12 month renewable
An experienced reservoir modeler is required to assist the team and will be required to prepare and update static geocellular models for the purpose of simulation, further development, planning and production forecasting purposes. The modeler requires a broad background in all forms of exploration and developments geoscience, as well as an expert level of reservoir modelling skills.
- Plan & build detailed, geologically rigorous, geocellular models in a timely manner, by integrating all geological and petrophysical data and supplementing them with appropriate analogues,
- Iterate the geocellular model with team members to ensure all subsurface understanding is represented in the model,
- Provide final static models to the reservoir engineering team and work with them to ensure simulation is achieved,
- Use models to provide guidance on field development strategies (i.e. future well locations and workovers),
- Provide uncertainty analysis through model scenarios for development and volumetric purposes,
- Provide mentoring to less experienced client geoscientists,
- Provide hands on support to other reservoir modelling activities,
- Provide detailed reports and presentations to other members of the team, clients and stakeholders.
- B.Sc. Geology, M.Sc or PhD is preferred,
- 15+ years industry experience building static geocellular models,
- Hands on proficiency with Petrel software,
- Experience with conventional clastic reservoirs,
- Experience with unconventional fractured reservoirs,
- Ability to import and manipulate geological, seismic and borehole data,
- Experience in seismic interpretation and time-depth conversion to model construction,
- Supervisory experience would be an asset,
- Ability to travel internationally.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and able to work both independently and with other geologists,
- Capable of managing more than one project,
- Deliver technically sound interpretations and clear recommendations in a timely manner.
To help Leap29 find you that perfect job, we need to store and process your personal information.
That means that your details will be entered into Leap29's database and our consultants may contact you from time to time with relevant job opportunities.
By applying you're confirming you're happy for us to do that!