Education Required: Bachelor
Minimum Teaching Experience: 3 years of teaching experience
Major: Psychology/Social Science/Counselling
- Must be a licensed Counselor with a bachelor degree in Psychology, Social Sciences or related field or Masters in Guidance and/or Counseling
- 5+ years of experience in counseling ES students and classroom teaching
- Bilingual speaker (English & Arabic) preferred
- Possess a vast “toolbox” of successful interventions for students
- Deep understanding of student developmental stages and needs.
- Trained in Counseling micro-skills
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to make complex decisions
- High level of organizational skill and ability to adhere to processes (notetaking, ephemeral & case notes)
- Preferably Mental Health First Aid or ASSIST training
- Student advocate and ability to follow student protection procedures.
- Knowledge of CBT (Cognitive Behaviour Therapy) or valid therapeutic intervention
- Prioritizes confidentiality.
- Salary: According to the required qualifications and experience for the position
- Vacation: As per the school calendar
- Training: Provided. We have an extensive professional development budget
- We provide airline tickets to and from the home of record at the start, annual summer leave, and, at the end of the contract
- Health Insurance: Provided. International, worldwide coverage
- Relocation (baggage) Allowance: Reimbursed up to ~$1300 USD approx. at the start and end of contract against presentation of receipts
- Document Authentication and Visa Expenses: Reimbursed ~$1000 USD approx. against the presentation of receipts
- Other Allowances: Settling in allowance ~650 USD approx; local prepaid SIM card to the value of 15 USD approx. is handed to the employee upon arrival
- End of service gratuity: Yes, paid upon completion of the contract.
Seeking an Elementary School Counselor