Wood is currently seeking to recruit Lead Design Electrical Engineer (Expression of Interest) to act at all times in accordance with the Policy on Health, Safety and the Environment. To lead the electrical engineering design of Oil Refinery projects in accordance with the agreed client project scope and within approved manhours and budget. Shall ensure that all allocated responsibilities are dealt with properly. Ensure that the client business drivers and company performance incentives are fully understood by all discipline personnel being supervised. Maintain technical integrity within discipline
Please note that at this stage, applications for this role are invited as an Expression of Interest (EOI) whilst opportunities are being fully determined.
- Achieve safety standards as defined in personal performance contract
- Lead the timely preparation of the Electrical engineering components of Wood proposals to clients, including :-
- Preparation of design manhour estimates.
- Preparation of project management Plans (PMPs)
- Preparation of design schedules.
- Lead the electrical engineering component of approved work orders to deliver cost effective designs that are fit for purpose and safe.
- Ensure, as far as practically possible, that all assigned work is carried out in compliance with the agreed budget and schedule
- Close liaison with project engineers, related discipline engineers and staff within other Wood office to meet the overall project objectives.
- Participate in project reviews including : design reviews, HAZID, constructability etc.
- Ensure that designs comply with the relevant Codes, Standards, Regulations and Procedures.
- Supervision of electrical engineering staff, including :-
- Provision of technical direction and guidance.
- Administrative supervision including leave planning, performance reviews, resource planning, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Wood policies, behaviours
- Carry out work in accordance with Wood and project Health, Safety, Environmental and Quality Systems.
- Maintain the required technical quality of work produced by discipline assigned staff.
- Keep up to date with technical developments, National and International standards and legislative requirements related to the discipline scope
- Assist in developing the knowledge and skills of the discipline assigned staff, including assisting in the training and technical development of engineers.
- Identification of electrical software tools required to maximise work efficiency.
- Minimum B.Sc. Engineering
- Minimum 12 years post graduate experience.
- Minimum 8 years' experience in the refining and petrochemical industries.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in the designation.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.