Education Required: Bachelor
Minimum Teaching Experience: 2 years of teaching experience
Major: General Science, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Biochemistry, etc.
- Number of Contract Days
- 180 student contact days and 185 staff contact days annually. This number increases in the case of an administrative or leadership position.
- Kuwait is tax-free.
- Savings Potential
- Singles can save around half of their monthly salary depending on lifestyle and travel.
- Couples can save a month's salary depending on lifestyle and travel.
- Graduate School Tuition Grant: 50% of one (1) course paid per year up to KD 240. Must be enrolled in a graduate degree program and signed on to AIS in the following year. There are 15 course tuition grants awarded each year.
- Individual provided apartment is located within a 5 minute walk to the school. Partially furnished apartment including major furnishings. Utilities provided. Internet is the responsibility of the staff member, but is inexpensive comparative to other countries.
- Incoming and final flights provided by school. Annual summer leave round trip flight provided via stipend based on point of origin. Flight stipend paid in cash with January salary annually.
- Moving Allowance
- Settling-in allowance paid on first day of work (roughly $1000). Baggage allowance reimbursement (up to roughly $700). All work visa process documentation reimbursed within the first month of employment.
- Dependent Opportunities
- One full tuition coverage for each international hire.
- Kuwait provides for public health insurance.
- AIS provides international medical insurance through Cigna International and a local Kuwait partner. Full coverage, except within USA which only has emergency medical coverage. Co-insurance cost of US$15 per visit.
- Dental coverage exists through a local dental clinic which reduces cost of check-ups and other services.
- Profession Development
- 200 KD for pre-approved activities annually. Can be carried forward after initial contract to the limit of KD 400.
The classroom teacher works collaboratively to plan, deliver, and assess the AIS curriculum through the MYP.