- Establishing mechanisms to identify, assess, monitor, measure and control the broad spectrum of risks to which the Bank is exposed.
- Formulating strategies, budgets and policies & procedures for operational risk, market and liquidity risk, credit risk & administration, IT security and remedial and special assets.
- Monitoring and reviewing KPIs in order to address performance issues and maintain alignment with the Bank's strategic business goals.
- Establishing and maintaining a sound internal control environment across the Bank's business divisions including the establishment of an organizational structure in line with leading corporate governance practices.
- Overseeing compliance with the statutory requirements of regulators in Qatar and the jurisdictions in which the Bank operates and implementing leading practices pertaining to risk management including but not limited to Basel II/ III pronouncements.
- Providing reports to the CEO, Management and Board-level committees on the financial and operational progress of all divisions handled.
- 15+ years of risk management experience, at least 5-8 of which at an executive management level with a bank in the region.
- University degree in Business Administration specializing in Banking, Finance, or Economics.
- Ideally holding an MBA or professional certification such as a CFA, PRM,FRM or CA.
- A formal qualification in risk management, actuarial science and/ or data science would be advantageous;
- Expert analytical skills demonstrating the capability to provide strategic and financial analysis.
- Solid understanding of market risk measurement methodologies (sensitivities, VaR and stress testing)
- Ability to work independently on multiple projects and lead broad change initiatives
- Good interpersonal skills & ability to influence, constructively challenge and negotiate at all levels.
If you're interested in this opportunity and would like to submit your application for this role then send your updated CV to email@example.com
If this job doesn't quite fit right your background & experience but you are eager to find a new opportunity, please contact a member of our executive search team for a confidential discussion.
*Applications will only be considered if you have the relevant experience and your skill set match those required and stipulated within the advert text