Performs sterilization of used instruments, make enough disposable item, Linen packs for the day today dressing and operation.Performs sterilization of used instruments, make enough disposable item, Linen packs for the day today dressing and operation.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean the Autoclave with sterile Acetic Acid or Sterile water before starting Bowie Dick Test and check the R.O unit. If failed inform to the Biomedical Department.
- To check the filter, Enzyme, Detergent, lubricant and print paper before starting the Washer disinfector.
- To check the Ethylene Oxide Sterilizer water level, cartridge, and Detector before starting the sterilizer.
- To check sealing machine Packing date & Expire date before sealing the packing materials.
- To check and inspects all used instruments and other materials returned from theatres, wards and clinics ensuring that all are identified according to name, type, functions and size.
- Remove the used instruments trolley from OT elevator. 1 trolley sent back to OT any time. Do not wait to clean suction bottle and suction tube according to the availability of washer-disinfector and not keep OT duplicate book for long time in the unit.
- Ensures that infected material is immediately disinfected taking meticulous care to wear protective clothing and allow cleaning the area immediately.
- If the washer disinfector is free do not accumulated the received instruments in the receiving area.
- Selects the most suitable programe to clean the instruments using the ultrasonic cleaning machine and the instruments washing machine.
- Identifies items that are thermolabile and sterilizes them using ethylene oxide gas sterilizers. This includes selecting the correct time, cycle and placing of the gas cylinder. Allows enough time for aeration before material is issued to ensure that there are no traces of gas.
- permission of the CSSD Supervisor's advice and permission only and follow the policy and procedure of the department, through proper channels in strict discipline.
- The end of the duty makes sure the department is clean and tidy.
- Keeps all the records of machine test results and needs to be filed.
- Completion of secondary education plus one year's Diploma in sterile services or Training Certificate.
- Successful completion of a recognized Sterile Supply Processing Course.
- Two years experience in sterilization principles.
Dar Al Shifa Hospital