Responsible for the billing statement at inpatient wards and will be responsible to provide a positive, welcoming attitude at all times; maintaining a clutter-free, customer-friendly.
- Adheres to established Reception departmental policies and procedures and initiates action in attending to the patients as per established procedures
- Responsible for being courteous and prompt in attending the patient, with the basic idea of “rendering service with a smile”
- Answers queries on telephone and makes appointments for the patients, over the telephone if necessary
- Ascertains from the Patient the physician he desires to consult and prepares required documents and appointment slip after inputting necessary information in the Computer
- Assist with the patients or persons responsible for the patient and collects necessary fee as per the established fee schedule
- Verifies all insurance benefits assigned to the clinic to determine insurance coverage meets the standards as per the company and/or policy
- Guides patients to the proper clinic in coordination with the attending porter
- Verifies fee collected from various patients and hands over the cash to the Discharge Supervisor for depositing in the Accounts Dept.
- Maintains departmental records and files, and takes care of departmental equipment.
- Participates in departmental meetings and related in-service educational programs
- Record patient demographic, insurance, and billing codes into registration and billing system; research missing information on intake forms; obtain signatures and release forms.
- Respond as appropriate to enquiries from patients regarding treatment, benefits, and billings; coordinate the resolution of related problems.
- Order and maintain inventory and supplies as required pertaining to the reception.
Education and Experience
- Diploma holder in any field.
- 1 to 2 years' experience in similar position
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Skill in preparing and maintaining patient records.
- Excellent Computer Skills, Word processing and/or data entry skills.
- Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone, often in stressful situations.
- Ability to develop and maintain filing systems.
- Knowledge of medical billing procedures.
- Knowledge of the nature and provisions of alternative health insurance plans.
- Receptionist skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Preferably Bilingual
- Local candidates with valid and transferable visa in Kuwait
Dar Al Shifa Hospital