- Assist the Unit Head in developing and implementing improvements and efficiencies in all areas of Business Continuity Program (BIA, plan development, BCP/DR testing, simulation exercises, incident monitoring/detection/triage, risk identification and remediation)
- Supports in maintaining, updating, validating business impact analysis (BIAs) to identify critical applications/systems and recovery capabilities and priorities.
- Assist the recovery teams in coordinating the enterprise's response, recovery and restoration activities in the face of an actual disaster.
- Support business unit personnel on business continuity matters.
- Maintain and follow-up on BCP testing results and action plans.
- Travel to offsite business continuity locations and be able to provide after-hours/weekend/on-call support for any BCP incidents or BCP testing.
- Maintain Policies & Procedures repository, manage Policies & Procedures site in bank’s intranet and provide Policies and Procedures related support to business units.
- To act as a back-up to the Unit Head for all BCP situations in case the Unit Head is unavailable.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education / Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree/ Professional qualification
- Understanding of business continuity management and governance frameworks, strong knowledge of business continuity best practices and protocols, operational risk management, and in-depth knowledge and expertise of the Bank’s operations, including IT practices.
- Knowledgeable with information technology systems, data center recovery and terminology
- Attention to detail and ability to analyze large amounts of information
- Excellent communication, writing and presentation skills.
- Familiarity of life safety, emergency response and crisis management preferred
Minimum 6+ years of banking experience including 2+ years’ experience in business continuity planning / operational risk management / policy and procedures or related field.
Generic & Specific Skills:
- Excellent communication skills, especially related to facilitation, documentation and reporting.
- Able to manage multiple priorities, communicate effectively and work as part of a team
- Strong people skills including collaborative and negotiation skills.
- Exceptional ability to remain calm under stress.
- Excellent team skills, both as a leader and as a team player
- Proficient in MS Office and relevant Packages
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong IT skills