Grow your career with us! Join our team of warehousing experts, we’ve been perfecting this for years. We are in search of a Distribution Supervisor to assist us in performing our duties for the Ministry of Health (MOH).
Agility manages over 1.6 million square meters of warehousing in key locations across the globe. The Agility Warehousing team in Kuwait plays a significant role in facilitating the demand of logistics and supply chain management within our network.
We serve over 290 customers from diverse business sectors like FMCG, pharmaceutical, furniture, Cooperative Society stores, electronics/electricals, fashion & cosmetics, Hazmat products, RMS, Telecom, pet food, and many others under different temperature storage conditions.
We operate a total area of 156,000 square meters, with 189,000 pallet positions. We run 24/7 operations with a fleet of over 500 MHEs and a team of over 1200 warehousing specialists. Our facilities are operated with the use of the best warehouse management systems and solutions.
Role in brief
This role is primarily responsible for organizing the safe and efficient distribution of goods, and ensuring that orders are fulfilled correctly and at a good cost.
- Accountable for distribution of medicines to all Ministry of Health hospitals, poly clinics and clinics within Kuwait
- Oversee daily routes and improve route plans to ensure timely deliveries; provide driver’s information to the LD Supervisor to facilitate a smooth distribution plan with regards to road conditions, routes, arrival/departure areas and timings, and ease of access of Agility assets into the distribution areas
- Work with warehouse and transportation staffs to ensure timely and accurate deliveries
- Assist in the implementation of Drivers’ briefings prior to movement and resolve any driver’s issues
- Supervise and coordinate with dispatch coordinator on preparation of Driver’s Kit (documentation), supervise the QA/QC inspections of basic issue items assigned to drivers including consumables and Personnel Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Report and coordinate with maintenance for mechanical deficiencies and breakdown of vehicles
- Comply with all operational procedures and practices which may be required
- Address customer queries and ensure customer satisfaction
- Notify the Driver Supervisor in any event of emergency or serious situation
- Any other related duties / projects assigned by the direct supervisor from time to time to meet the business exigencies
- High School Diploma
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in any leading distribution company, with previous experience overseeing 25 to 30 team members
- Excellent knowledge of Kuwait region
- Bilingual - written and spoken English & Arabic, required
- Knowledge in tracking of GPS system
- Good communication, organization, and team management skills