Pre-commissioning, Commissioning and Start-Up Manager
Requisition ID 2020-80410 Work Location KW-Al Zour Department / Discipline Commissioning Position Type Staff / Permanent Market / Sector (Candidate Portal Searching) Oil & Gas
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently hiring Pre - Commissioning, Commissioning and Start - up Manager for the Al Zour Refinery Project in Kuwait. This is an opportunity for you to become a valuable, well - rounded member of an experienced team. Successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating and managing EPC Contractor issues and deliverables on a large grassroot refinery project, for which Wood is the Project Management Consultant.
- As PMC Pre - Commissioning, Commissioning and Start - Up Manager, you will be representing Wood and our client, supporting, reviewing and managing EPC Contractors in the provision of pre - commissioning and commissioning documentation, maintenance and training procedures, integration of vendor information and field coordination activities which are associated with a large grass - roots refinery project
- Manage the day to day activities of the Project PMC Pre - Commissioning and Commissioning team, comprising coordinators and engineering specialists
- Coordinate with Client, EPC Contractors and Licensors to prepare the necessary documentation and procedures for a smooth and safe start - up
- Comment and / or advise Client's staff regarding the approval and use of correct pre - commissioning, commissioning and start up procedures
- Prepare and assist with EPC Contractor hand - over of systems and documentation in accordance with and with completion of contract custody transfer documents as appropriate
- Prepare a final report to summarize pre - commissioning, commissioning and start - up problems, solutions, and recommend future improvements and lessons learned for inclusion in a Site Closeout Report
- Be aware of, and follow, company and client HSE procedures regarding fire drills and health and safety inspections
- Report accidents and infectious diseases as required by company procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemical Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 25 years’ experience in the oil and gas industries
- Track record (over 10 years) experience in a PMC / EPC organization in the field of refinery / petrochemicals industries.
- 5 years’ experience in a similar management position
- Previous experience on major projects of over US $500 million each
- Experience and willingness to work in an overseas environment is required
- A substantial track record in overseas environments, especially the Middle East, is preferable
- Proven strong character and self - motivated individual
- Proven ability to engage in effective dealings with both client / owner and EPC Contractors
- Must be able to work with the minimum of supervision and be technically strong
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people.
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Amec Foster Wheeler